By registering for the access and use Every Monday Matters’ (EMM) You Matter Curriculum, you are entering a partnership we take very seriously. Please review the following terms and if they work for you, then click agree and get ready to learn more about how we can work together to help 1) improve the lives of our students and their families, and, 2) to fulfill a key role in making our schools, communities, and the world better places as a result of our helping students understand how much students matter, individually and together, and how they CAN make a difference… one student, one action, one Monday at a time.
1. You Matter. In order to carry out the mission of EMM and to achieve our mutual goals with the You Matter curriculum, you must first and foremost understand that you are the ultimate role model for your students, their families and the other educators and administrators you work with. Without your own sincere belief of and commitment to the power of You Matter and your positive actions, this program cannot succeed. Yeah, sure, not all days are easy and we’re not perfect. But at EMM, we do our very best to live up to the ideals and themes we advocate in our curriculum.
2. Respect the rules. This curriculum is used broadly across many types of institutions and may suggest activities that may or may not be doable within your organization’s constraints. EMM does not take responsibility for the curriculum’s use in your environment. It is up to the educator who uses the curriculum to make the necessary adaptations so that they ensure that all of their organization’s rules and guidelines are 100% adhered to. Student safety, confidentiality, and respect must be prioritized in all planning of and implementation of You Matter curriculum instruction. If you are not sure if a particular activity would be considered compliant in your teaching environment, you are expected to check with the proper authorities to determine what can and cannot be implemented.
3. Measurement. It is critical to capture performance data on the You Matter curriculum and your and your students’ experiences and results. This helps us to secure the support and resources necessary to deliver and continually improve the program. It’s also important to all educators since we all share a mission to ensure our efforts truly benefit our students. In order to collect important performance data, you will be asked to participate in electronic surveys as frequently as bi-monthly. You may also volunteer or be asked to participate in next-level data collection activities which may include on-site visits/observations, telephone interviews, and/or quantitative and qualitative surveys. Participation in electronic surveys is considered a condition [Type text] for the use of the You Matter curriculum at no charge. The enforcement of this rule will remain at the discretion of EMM. Participation in next-level measurement activities will remain a voluntary process unless it becomes necessary to require participation. In all cases, the time required to participate in any performance measurement activity will be clearly communicated by EMM in the same announcement email. Results will be kept confidential and only presented as data linked to details about a particular organization’s (school, district, center, program) demographics.
4. Have some fun. Yes. Have fun. Learning can be productive and fun at the same time. So promise us you’ll have fun with your students while helping them break new and meaningful ground personally and together. So cool.
5. Changes to the program. Changes to the program are to be expected. These changes will reflect input from educators and any decisions made that result from the performance data we’ll be collecting over time. All changes will be communicated using email. EMM email will be used sparingly. So when we send it, please read it.
6. Communication. Please use our contact email to send comments or questions. We promise to review and respond to your email within 72 hours of receiving it. To contact us, email: email@example.com.